Back to school month is about to conclude. Your fitness routine should be settling in and becoming crystal clear by now. Ah clarity, it’s a beautiful thing isn’t it? Clarity in the fitness world means knowing what you want (your why), what you need to do, and how to do it. If you still feel like things are “all over the place” then you’ll definitely want to keep reading and understanding my 5 Back Tp School Fitness Tips For Parents!
Once implemented, these action steps are going to give you a solid foundation to operate from. That doesn’t mean you will have less adjustments or improvisations, you will just be more organized when you have to adapt. Let me give you a practical real life situation as a model. If you have planned to cook your meals on Sunday afternoon at 1pm (written it down or jotted it on Google calendar) and something comes up, you are still likely to find a way to fit it in the day. However, if you haven’t even thought of cooking for the week (at least for a couple of days) then ain’t going to happen!
Without any more set up here are my 5 Back To School Fitness Tips For Parents.
- Time block your workouts for a minimum of 7 days, but preferably 14 days. This sets you up to get the gold star for attendance. Because hey, showing up is half the battle! The key is to treat these appointments just like you would treat a dentist appointment for little Johnny or Suzy. It isn’t optional! You wouldn’t let your kids teeth fall out, would you? Well, you shouldn’t let your own health and fitness take a back seat either. If you tell yourself it isn’t an option with your thoughts and words, it will be just as essential as eating and sleeping. It really is that simple.
- Share your scheduled workouts with your family. They will help hold you accountable to your goals for the week. Just think of little Johnny or Suzy saying “weren’t you supposed to go to the gym today?” -with a genuinely curious tone. And since you are wanting to display integrity and honesty to your little ones (or big kids, or husband), you will keep your word to yourself so you can set a great example.
- Keep a gym bag packed and ready to go, always. You just never know when you might need it. There could be an opportunity to make up for a missed workout due to another cancellation in your schedule. Because sometimes, organized chaos is unavoidable and there is always some form of kryptonite ready to deflate your “plans”. Yet it is still so much better to plan over not planning.
- Find like minded support and accountability Notice I said like-minded. Any advice you get should be catered to you! I know this is a no-brainer, yet busy people are still told by trainer dudes and dudettes that the only way they can get in great shape is to eat 6-7 meals every 2 1/2 hours and work out 5-6 times a week for 90-120 minutes at a time. That advice is not going to do a lick of good for 97% of people out there. You’d be much better off seeking counsel from a business like Fuel Rx. We specialize in helping busy women get tight, toned, and energetic by way of smart fat loss! That’s who we help and who we are experts at communicating with.
- Prepare your meals and keep plenty of on the go options available It would be great if you could eat from your perfectly proportioned, sectioned tupperware with a serving of a healthy lean protein and mixed veggies, but it’s probably not always going to go down like that. Fear not, with a little preparation (physically and mentally) you can adapt so you can stay on track with your nutrition. Keeping ready to eat healthy options with you is the answer! – almonds, walnuts, any nut or seed besides peanuts (not a nut), almond butter, celery, boiled eggs, greek yogurt, ezekiel bread, any natural protein powder in a shaker, organic lunch meat, carrots, berries.
There you have it. Five tips to help you out with the back to school madness. I wish you nothing but success!
Patrick and the Fuel Rx Team[font-awesome]