Here’s a healthy burrito recipe to sink your teeth into. Whole grains, lean protein and crunchy veggies make this a recipe that you’ll come back to time and again. Serve with a side of your favorite salsa. I’m thinking about making this on Saturday morning. Yes, Saturday morning :). Servings: 1
Here’s what you need… 1 sprouted grain, flourless tortilla
- 1 Tablespoon hummus
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh corn kernels
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup shredded arugula
- 3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Warm the tortilla in a dry skillet. Spread the hummus evenly over the tortilla.
- Top the tortilla with rice, beans, chicken and veggies.
- Fold the two sides of the tortilla in over the filling, then flip up the bottom edge and roll tightly.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 380 calories, 7.8g fat, 45g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 31g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Forward this recipe to someone who needs some healthy ideas!
And if you are not a client, look out for our new FIT FOR FALL promotion! We are opening up registration really soon. It is a comprehensive 28 day transformation program. We run these programs from time to time and as such they just get better every version that I craft :).
If you are a client, I will be sharing all of this stuff with you soon if you feel like you need a new jolt of motivation 🙂